May 7, 2018, Nikon Focus Group, Board Room, 1pm
May 7, 2018 Nikon Mentor Group, 10am, contact Melinda Welker (firstname.lastname@example.org) for location
May 8, 2018 CIPC Meeting, Palmetto Room, 6.30pm
- Subject: Cell Phone Photography - covering iPhone and Android cell phone cameras.
May 31, 2018 Field Trip to Bluffton - Society of Bluffon Artists Gallery and Farmer Market
- 12:30 pm - Depart tennis court parking lot for Society of Bluffton Artists Gallery (SOBA), 6 Church Street, Bluffton
- 1:00 pm - Tour Exhibit: “Nature’s Elegance: National Parks and Beyond” - one man show of the work of photographer Bill Bogle
- To Follow: Street Photography at The Farmers Market on Calhoun Street (wander on your own with no constraints)
- 4:00 pm - Depart for home
- Contact Joan Eckhardt, email@example.com, if you are going to join us for an afternoon of shooting people and produce.
June 4, 2018, Nikon Focus Group, Board Room, 1pm
June 11, 2018 Nikon Mentor Group, 10am, contact Melinda Welker (firstname.lastname@example.org) for location
June 12, 2018 CIPC Meeting. Palmetto Room, 6:30pm. Photo Management - Cell Phone <=> Laptop/Desktop. Details to follow.
June 22, 2018 Popup Field Trip to Edisto Island
- We have a fun pop-up field trip planned for Friday June 22.
- We are going to shoot the sunflowers at the Botany Bay Plantation Wildlife Management Area on Edisto Island, about an hour north of Callawassie.! We believe they should be out in full force in all their golden splendor. When we are finished with the flowers we may extend our trip to check out the nearby beach on Edisto and try our hand shooting the water with long exposure shots.
- We will meet at the Tennis Courts parking lot at 3 pm in order to carpool. The drive is about one hour. And we’ll plan on stopping for a meal on the way home. It will be casual dining for certain. Several of us have previously enjoyed this trip, and I know you will too. Bring a tripod, water, bug spray, etc.
- Email Joan Eckhardt, email@example.com, if you have any questions and to let her know you are coming. This trip replaces our trip to the iris gardens at Swan Lake in Sumter. We’ll plan a trip there earlier in the spring next year when the iris are at their peak.
July 19, 2018 Popup Field to "A Year in the Lowcountry" exhibit at Habersham
- We’re going to make a trip to Habersham on Thursday July 19 to see the exhibit of photographs entitled “A Year in the Lowcountry”. It is a collection of photographs by Jayne Parker, a talented local photographer who lives in Habersham.
- We will gather at 4:30 at our tennis courts and car pool to Habersham. The exhibit will be open from 5-7 pm. After our visit, those who would like to stay for dinner will go to the establishment of our choice. There are several options, including Berto’s - a Mexican place, Maggie’s, and Salumi e Formaggi (Italian).
- If you would like to come please respond to Mike Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org orJoan Eckhardt at email@example.com , including indicating whether or not you would like to stay for dinner. If we go to Salumi e Formaggi, I will call for reservations. If you are planning on dinner, please notify Mike no later than July 6th.
- I always enjoy seeing exhibits of talented photographers, and hope you will join me on this pop-up field trip.
August 27, 2018 Canon Model D Focus Group, Magnolia Room, 2:00-3:30pm
September 3, 2018 Nikon Focus Group, Board Room, 1pm
September 11, 2018 CIPC Meeting, Palmetto Room, 6.30pm Introduction to Photoshop.
September 24, 2018 Canon Model D Focus Group, Magnolia Room, 2:00-3:30pm
October 1, 2018, Nikon Focus Group, Board Room, 1pm
October 9, 2018 CIPC Meeting, Palmetto Room, 6:30pm. Critique of Member-submitted photos
October 22, 2018 Canon Model D Focus Group, Magnolia Room, 2:00-3:30pm
November 52018 Nikon Focus Group, Board Room, 1pm
November 10-12,2018 Annual Photo Exhibit in the Clubhouse
November 13, 2018 CIPC Meeting, No Meeting - see Photo Exhibit above
November 26, 2018 Canon Model D Focus Group, Magnolia Room, 2:00-3:30pm
December 3, 2018 Nikon Focus Group, Board Room, 1pm
December 11, 2018 CIPC Meeting, Heron/Osprey Rooms above ProShop, 6.30pm. Annual holiday party.
December 24, 2018 Canon Model D Focus Group, Magnolia Room, 2:00-3:30pm