2021 CIPC Photography Exhibits
There will be two CIPC photography exhibits in 2021. All members are encouraged to participate in these events.
- The first exhibit, known as the Gallery Exhibit, is scheduled for April 2021. Photographs for this exhibit will be on display on the second floor of the Clubhouse and will remain hanging until the CIPC Annual Exhibit in November 2021.
- Our theme for the spring is "Wild Color”. Please submit your photo to Mike Anderson at email@example.com by March 25 via WeTransfer. Instructions for using WeTransfer are on the Club Web site.
- CIPC will have your photo printed and displayed in the NEW Clubhouse Gallery, which is upstairs in the clubhouse by May 1st. There will be no cost to you for the printing, as CIPC is paying for all printing for this exhibit.
- Everyone will have one photo displayed, so please only submit one photo. Landscape and portrait orientations are both accepted. Please fill out an entry Form (available below) and submit it to Mike Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instructions for Submission
FORMAT AND SIZE REQUIREMENTS
The photos can be in a landscape or portrait format.Photos should be “Print Ready” at a minimum of 280 dpi resolution in TIFF format. Instructions for preparing your Photo using LR Classic are on the web site.
If you choose to deviate from our customary image size of 11” X 14” please follow the following requirements:
Rectangular: Not to exceed 11” X 14”
Square: Not to exceed 11” X 11”
Panorama: 14” on the long side and no less than 8” on the short side
WATERMARK: Optional, Name only in lower R or L corner of photo. Font size not to exceed 14 points, Opacity between 50% and 60%. If using a watermark make sure it is at least 1/4” from the edge.
We hope to have all members of the photography club represented, so go out and find some great wild color to shoot! We're looking forward to your submissions. Thank you.
Susan Halter - Exhibit Chair
- The second CIPC exhibit, known as the CIPC Annual Exhibit, will be held from Friday to Sunday, November 19-21, 2021.
- At the conclusion of the Annual Exhibit, one photograph from each of the participating photographers will be placed on display in the second floor Gallery and will remain hanging until the following April. These photos will replace those hanging in the gallery from the previous April exhibit.
- The theme for the 2021 Annual November Exhibit is to be determined.
- Members are encouraged to submit photos that were taken within the past two years.
- Photo should be printed on photograph paper and measure 11”X14 ”.
- Resolution should be as high as possible.
- An optional watermark may be included on the photos. The watermark should include only the members name in the lower right or left corner of photo, the font size not to exceed 14 points, opacity between 50% and 60%.
- Each member may submit up to three images.
- The Exhibit Committee will evaluate and select images to be displayed. The Committee will use the following criteria when choosing photos: composition, technical quality and impact.
- There is a $5.00/photo charge to cover the cost of mounting materials.
- Complete the 2021 November Submission Form, which can be downloaded below.
- Deliver your printed photos, Submission Form and your check payable to CIPC to Susan Halter, 1 Longwood Drive, by November 1, 2021.
- In addition, digital copies (jpeg) of each image should be sent to Nancy Sinick, CIPC Webmaster, at CIPCweb1@gmail.com for display on the CIPC website. Details on submitting digital photos to CIPC can be found under the For Members tab of the website or by clicking on the following link: http://www.ciphotoclub.com/submitting-digital-images.html Those chosen for the exhibit will be posted on the CIPC website after the exhibit is hung.
- Guidelines, the Submission Form for the Annual Exhibit, and our poster with more information on the Exhibit, Bistro Night, and menu can be downloaded below: